Sunday, July 12, 2009

there is a love with no end or beginning, there is a flower without a thorn.

We try so hard to be righteous by our own flesh and then we feel awful when we aren't. A friend of mine told me once that anything good and right he said was God through him and everything else that was wrong was just him. I think we give ourselves too much credit. I have been struggling with the fact that I am no better than those who wronged me or wronged those that I love. We are all nothing and we are all worthless without the truth of God. It sounds really simplistic and very sunday school, but how many of us really think that we are no better than the rest. I am really trying to see my enemies as my equals but it is not easy. God loves your enemies as much as God loves you which is hard to swallow, because we are always right in our minds. Let's practice true love together and realize if we get it right we didn't get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment